Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You Know What?

If I had a can of spray paint, this is exactly what I would say...


So, I guess I should go ahead now and apologize for a post that’s going to be in the “Debbie Downer” category.

I’m in a blue funk today.

Knowing my body the way that I do, I am pretty much certain that this month is a bust for me as far as being pregnant.

I don’t know why that even surprises me?

This morning I told a friend that at this stage of the game my chances of getting pregnant naturally (without fertility medications) are about as high as me winning the lottery.

Keep in mind that I live in Alabama.

Part of the Bible Belt.

Where there is no lottery available.

Yep, you get the picture.

However, with my fallopian tube blockage taken care of two weeks ago, thus clearing a path for the “swimmers”, I optimistically thought we had a good chance.

After all, I did get pregnant naturally with R.J. (okay, maybe the margaritas and mexican food played a part as well), but it’s not like my body doesn’t know what to do.

Yea, right.

It certainly does know what to do…it silently laughs at me every time I go and POAS (pee on a stick).

A lot of my funk may have to do with the fact that in 11 days I will be another year older…43 to be exact, and I feel like my TTC (trying to conceive) window is closing in on me.

I’m sure some people think that my TTC window closed a few years ago, but hey, I never got the maintenance man’s memo…LOL!

AN-Y-WAY...

Am I a little depressed today?

Yes.

Am I willing to throw in my TTC towel?

No.

Will I snap out of my funk?

Eventually.

Am I glad that I can share my feelings with all of you.

Definitely.

Will God ever let me down, especially when I am feeling defeated?

Never.

“Fear not; for I am with you. Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I willstrengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.”
(Isaiah 41:10)

4 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, I am so sorry for your losses. I pray you conceive and have a great pregnancy and healthy baby. Thoughts and Prayers are with you. Blessings,

Ali Garrett said...

Maybe God is waiting a couple of months so we can be pregnant together :) You're still in my prayers! Love you!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, Just wanted to check on you and see how you are feeling? I am always here. Blessings my Friend, Audrey