Friday, August 28, 2009

The Gift

When I got home yesterday there was a package in the mail addressed to: “The Birthday Girl”.

When I opened up the package, this is what I found inside…


ANGEL OF PRAYER

The phrase attached to it said, “For those who believe in the power of prayer.”

My precious friend Eleanor sent this gift to me, and it really could not have come at a better time.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, this Sunday I will be yet another year older. And while I know that birthdays are a celebration of life, I have found myself dreading this one for more reasons than I have space to mention.

Maybe it’s because I had hoped these past 8 months would have brought me closer to what my heart so desperately yearns for, yet here I am ready to embark upon another year and I feel as though I haven’t even moved an inch.

And then, that wonderful gift came in the mail.


These few simple words, “believe in the power of prayer”, renewed my spirit and reminded me that my prayers DO NOT EVER fall on deaf ears. And even though sometimes I may feel like my prayers are not being answered (or at least not being answered within my time frame), I have to remember that the Lord answers prayers HIS way and in HIS time.

Proof of that very fact came today for another dear friend of mine named Lorrie, whose prayers were finally answered.

No, not in her time, but HIS, and HIS timing is perfect.

I must remember to have faith.

I must claim it, and...

BELIEVE!

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"

Psalm 103:1-5 ~ New Living Translation


Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Lorrie S said...

"I must remember to have faith.

I must claim it, and...

BELIEVE!"


YES YOU MUST!!!!!!!!!! I love you and hate to feel your pain from miles away. I can feel it from you. But please remember I am here for you everyday, every minute & for the rest of my life. I will always be part of your life in some shape or form, whether we EVER meet in our lifetime. You and I have 'connected' like we were seperated at birth (as we've said before). My news today was a blessing and I know you had yours too a few weeks ago with your tube. I know they are small steps for us when conceiving seems so impossible, but WE have to believe that HE is listening. HE is watching over all our heart desires. A baby is a gift from HIM that he does not want us to give up on. I know he doesn't, because HE showed me today.

I love you my dear dear friend.

Happy Birthday! xox

Lorrie

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, Happy Birthday. I continue to pray for you my friend. I know those reading my prayer requests are lifting you up in prayer as well. I Thank You for letting me be a part of your journey. I believe The Power Of Prayer Is Awesome. I can't wait to read each of your posts, and pray soon to read you have gotten that BFP. Many Blessings, I love your button too.