Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Block Of Cream Cheese




A block of cream cheese...8 oz. - - that's what our Little Speck weighs. Pretty amazing!


We had our regular OB/GYN appointment yesterday and I lucked out with another ultrasound, only this one was recorded on a DVD, so we got to keep the memory of watching our son moving around, and boy was he ever!


Honestly, after watching that and knowing what I know about who is responsible for the creation of life, it baffles me that there are people out there who deny the exist of our God?!


I am measuring exactly on target and so far, I've gained 13 lbs. total. Doctor didn't seem too upset and believe it or not, I'm not either which is so different than how I was when I was pregnant with R.J.


With my first pregnancy, I was so obsessed about gaining weight (and I did...60 lbs - - EEK!). With this pregancy, I decided to throw that obsession out the window. After all, this is the miracle baby we have been waiting for and me being healthy and him being healthy is all that matters. I'll deal with the weight gain or should I say, weight loss, later...after he's here and safely in my arms.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks when I get to do the lovely glucose screening. YUK!

With
R.J. I failed it the first time (well gheesh, nobody told me not to eat that morning!!!) and so I had to come back and do the 3 hour test where they take blood from you every hour (not fun).

Anyway, I passed the second time around thankyouverymuch.

We also scheduled our 4-D ultrasound for the end of March. This technology wasn't available seven years ago when I was pregnant the first time, so I absolutely cannot wait to get the first glimpse of our son without him looking like a skeleton face.


So folks, it looks as if we are cruising right along now. In two more weeks, I'll be half way through the traditional 40 week time frame.

Honestly, I cannot believe that! But oh, how happy I am!

In the meantime, grow little man, grow!

4 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Congratulations on the continued healthy growth of your boy.

Now post a pic of yourself where you're not hiding that belly behind RJ! (You're not fooling me.)

Lorrie S said...

I'm so happy everything is going so well with my little nephew!! I haven't heard from you in 2 days...was getting worried. Glad I came to your blog =)

I can't wait for your 4-D u/s! Those are so amazing. You really see their little faces so well. Oh sweetie, I'm so happy for you.

Love always,

Lorrie xoxo

Ali Garrett said...

I am so glad everything is going well!! I'm excited to see your 4-D ultrasound photos, too!! I can't wait until March for our next birthday dinner :) (My 30th, lest you forget!)

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Wow, time is moving right along...can't believe you will soon be half way through already! So happy all is going well. Blessings, Kathy