Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Love My Blog


It’s true.

Oh sure, I love blogging, and I love reading other people’s blogs, sharing blog links and having a blog.

But, I love my blog. Really…I love it.

Oh, all right, I’ll just say it. I am in love with my own blog.

Perhaps it’s the newness of it all right now
.

And, wow, Blogger.com, you sure do make this blogging thing easy. Just pick a template, type in some words, add a picture here and there, hit publish and VIOLA! there I am my blog is for all the world to see.

And you know what? I can’t wait to see my blog either. The blog that I love. Wait, did I already tell you that? Seriously, it’s the first thing I want to see in the morning kind of love and the last thing I want to see before I go to bed kind of love. And, while I’m being honest, it’s the let me check it during the work day kind of love too.

Sometimes I can’t stop looking at my blog. Just give me any excuse I can to check it. “Did that actually post correctly?” “Did I forget to do a spell check?” “Does my title fit the blog entry?”

What? Find an excuse to look at my own blog? Pathetic dontchathink?

I mean, is it not bad enough to want to continually look at my wonderful and fantastic work of non-fiction and satire I have created? BUT, to go ahead and admit that I actually do so? Well, my gosh, how weird is that???

I know, pitiful isn’t it?

And don’t even get me started talking about my relationship with stat counter. “How many visits today?” “Where did they come from?” “Any visits since I last looked 2 seconds ago?” “How do I get the counter to block my IP address so that I am not the visitor accounting for the last 25 hits?!”

Oh, oh, oh, and comments? Well, I’m the drooling little kid standing right up next to the table as the mom is cutting the pieces of cake at a birthday party. You know, I’m sort of like the
Tim McGraw song…“I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!”

Is anyone out there relating to what I am saying? C’mon now, be honest. It’s not like we’re guilty of standing in front of a mirror staring at ourselves all day long, right?

After all, it’s a blog, just a blog.

But oh how I love my blog…LOL!

DISCLAIMER: "No representation is made that the quality of my blogging performed is greater than the quality of blogging performed by other bloggers."

2 comments:

Ali Garrett said...

Your disclaimer made me laugh out loud! I love your blog, too. I am almost that obsessed with my facebook page. I love to post funny status updates and check my crackberry 700 times to see if anyone commented on them!

Lisa Woodard said...

ok, so do you really like it or not?