Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who Would've Thought?


If you read my post from yesterday, you already know that July 31, 2009 was the due date of my second angel baby. What you all didn’t know was that day was also the date for the pre-op stuff for my tubal recanalization that is set for this upcoming Tuesday.

How ironic is it that I was actually at the very same hospital that I would have been at to have my baby, but instead I was there for a completely different reason. Honestly, I didn’t even realize the irony of the entire situation until I left the hospital.

Then, I got to thinking about how many times I have actually been to the hospital in the past 16 months in our efforts to conceive…Hmmm, let’s see:


Ten IUIs, two HSGs, two D & Cs, two Tubal Recanalizations one Laparoscopy, and a partridge in a pear tree…LOL!

In fact, when the nurse who was taking my information at the hospital yesterday, she asked me if I had any medical/surgical procedures performed within the last 2 years. I literally let out a huge, gut splitting belly laugh.

Surely, after writing down my monstrous list of procedures and dates performed she figured out the reason for my outburst, right? If not, well then I’m absolutely sure she attributed the depth of the laughter to the fact that when she asked me if my weight listed on the computer screen was still correct, I asked her during which procedure? Dear Lord, I hope she didn’t think I was laughing at her.

Note to self: Find same nurse at hospital next Tuesday and bring cookies with an apology note for acting like a complete hysterical clown during pre-op.

Wait, on a serious note though, maybe I need to contact the Guinness Book of World Records to see if there’s a most attempts at the same hospital, hoping to get pregnant, why I’m not getting pregnant, pregnant no more, record to be broken. Because if there’s not one already…I should be a shoe in!

Believe me, I know there are many of you out there on your own personal trying to conceive journeys who have been through the same and even more or even worse than what I have been through. I want to let you know that I’m with you, I get it…I totally understand the frustrations and the emotional roller coaster ride of it all.

And yet, we still get off the ride and get right back on hoping that next time there will be a prize waiting for us when we get off.

If nothing else, I think we ALL at least deserve to be noted in the Guinness Book of Records for the largest amount of sheer dedicated determination, dontcha’ think?

Good luck and God Bless each of you!

1 comment:

Lorrie S said...

Amen to that sista! You make me laugh with your description of things you've gone through. Whether they were sad or happy times. I love you for your inner strength that comes shining through. I love you with all my heart my dear dear friend!!

Lorrie