Friday, August 7, 2009

You Know The Phrase...


This is the one. Also known as T.G.I.F.

I got to thinking about this phrase and I thought, "Why not flip it around?"

So today, I'm going to rephrase it as, "It's Friday, Thank God."

Seriously, I want to make a special point to thank God
TO-day...Friday, August 7, 2009.

I wish I could tell you that I remember to thank God all the time, but unfortunately I would be lying if I told you that.

Oh, I know I should do it, but I don't, and I know that's not right. I mean, after all, I have a whole bunch to be thankful for EVERY single day.

1. I am thankful that I am a child of God and I have the Lord in my life. Honestly, I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without Him.

2. I am thankful for my husband and my son. Both of whom make me feel so blessed to have them in my life.

3. I am thankful for my family. It's so easy to take family for granted sometimes. But, I really do have a wonderful family and I'm so glad they are there for me...no matter what.

4. I am thankful for my friends, and that the Lord put such special people into my life. I really could put my friends in my family category because that's just how much they mean to me.

5. I am thankful for my health. Aside from my secondary infertility, I am fortunate enough to have not had any major health issues at all.

6. I am thankful for my job. Especially in this economy where sadly, so many people have lost their jobs or are being faced with the possibility of losing their jobs. Thankfully, I have a job that I love and I am still wanted and needed by my employer to do my job.

7. I am thankful to be alive. That I wake up each morning able to face another day and whatever comes with it.

I know there are so many more things in my life that I am thankful for, but for now, I will leave this short list with you.

I do want to ask a small favor of you though.

Hope you don't mind.

In the coming week, would you please take time out of your life to be thankful too. Stop and count your blessings and praise God. Consider the promises He has given us and the eternal reward that awaits us all.

And, let's all (that includes me too), try and remember to...
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: