Friday, August 14, 2009

What's All The Hype About?


Twitter that is.

Now please don’t pick this blog post as the one you finally choose to leave me a comment on if you don’t agree with my Twitter assessment.

Trust me, I totally understand that what’s a wonderful thing to one person may not be for another. I mean, after all, just look at how many different types of cell phones and cell phone services there are out there…LOL!

Okay, back to Twitter.


Twitter's website explains that "Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co-workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?"

Seriously?

I struggle to find enough minutes in the day to keep up with my own immediate family, and the thought of keeping up with so many others via Twitter seems like it would be an overwhelming task.

Anyway, from what I can gather, Twitter’s main purpose is not just that you can tell the world what you are doing, but that you can do so in less than 140 characters.

Heck, I get miffed at Verizon every time I text and I get a reply back saying that only 160 characters can be transmitted per text message.

And Twitter is giving me 20 characters less than that?

Willnotwork4me4sure!

Oh, and the vocabulary is tricky too.

Twitter
Tweet
Twittering
Tweeting
Twitters
Twitted
Twit(s)

And what about the topic focus?

@RidiculousTwit - Going to the store, 2 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Can’t find a parking place, 4 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Found one, 1 minute ago

@RidiculousTwit - Need to answer cell phone, back in a few, 5 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Store is really cold, 10 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Wish I brought a jacket, 6 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Maxi pads are on sale, 5 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Should I buy with wings or without, 2 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - Need to use the restroom, 4 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - No toilet paper, 3 minutes ago

@RidiculousTwit - And I’ve got to poop, 2 secs ago


C’mon now!

Oh, and don’t even get me started on
Facebook newsfeeds…UGH!


Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Lisa Woodard said...

As a real twit if feel compelled to stand up for facebook. Can't get throught the day without it.

Lisa Woodard said...

Please omit the first f in the post above. What a twit!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

LOL, what a funny post! I tweet and do FB sometimes, but if you think about it, it really is a little ridiculous--and your example tweets are right on the money for some people who tweet EVERYTHING. I enjoy your blog very much, good posts. Kathy @ http://edshunnybunny.wordpress.com and http://many-mimi-mini-tales-blogspot.com

Kami said...

You are a freakin hoot Tracey!!! I don't twitter and that is exactly why. I really don't want people knowing every little step take in a day. LOL

Hugs,
Kami