Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All Is Well

Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations,

And I will sing praises to Your name. (2 Samuel 22:50)


This was the scripture for Today's Word with Joel and Victoria Osteen. How absolutely appropriate as it captures exactly how I am feeling at the moment.

Yesterday's recap:

My doctor was called away to do an emergency surgery when we got to the office yesterday, so we waited an hour and 15 minutes before they even got to us...sorry to keep you all waiting, but trust me, the wait was just as hard on us too.

My ultrasound showed our little speck at 5w6d which is exactly to the day of the first day of my last menstrual period (which is what they use to calculate the due date).

We saw a pulsating little heartbeat, but we were not able to get a beat count yet since I am still so early. Out of the last two pregnancies (that ended in miscarriage), this heartbeat was by far the clearest and strongest pulsating one yet so that made me feel good.

The doctor checked me internally and said that he did not see any residual bleeding, but he did see some irritation and that was nothing unusual given the fact that I am inserting something down there 3x/day. He said that brownish/pinkish is okay and even red blood spots are okay as long as it doesn't flow like a period.

He went on to say that he totally understands my concern and I did the right thing by calling. He said that if it would make me feel better, I could come in weekly if I wanted, but if not, I am to not ever hesitate to call if I am worried and they will fit me in. I love that man!

The doctor also said I have a corpus lutem cyst. Not really sure what that is, but he said it is what's feeding the baby right now? He wants me to continue doing the same meds I am doing and then I go back in two weeks (November 16) for my second ultrasound. He said that second ultrasound will tell us a whole lot as far as how this pregnancy is probably heading.

The doctor is happy and we are relieved…for now. We know we have to take this one step and one day at a time.

Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful words of encouragement. I am honored and humbled by the fact that you all have decided to follow this this journey with me.

God Bless!

But, before I go...

INTRODUCING

Our little speck!




Our Due Date is June 29, 2010!

9 comments:

-clevergirl said...

YEA!!!!!!!! I knew it would be great news!!!!!!!! What a beautiful little baby!!!!!

Sarah McM said...

So glad to hear you got a good u/s result. Your speck is so cute!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, I am so happy for you. Congratulations on seeing your blessing and heartbeat. With your great numbers I feel like this pregnancy will be great.

The Cyst you have is also known as "A Pregnancy Cyst". The Corpus Luteum makes Progesterone. The Progesterone makes the lining able to accept the embryo. This Pregnancy Cyst will stay there until the placenta can take over around 12 weeks. It will then dissolve.

Thank You for sharing your beautiful pic:) What a beautiful blessing. I love being a part of your journey. I sent you an email too. Blessings, Audrey

Lorrie S said...

God bless your little speck!! As Jim Carrey said in 'Horton Hears Who'

"Just me and the speck, shootin' the breeze. We're a club. We're a group. We can be a secret society and no one else can join, unless they wear funny hats."

LOL!!

Love you and your SPECK!!

Auntie Lorrie xoxo

Kathy said...

Congratulations, again. So glad things are going in a positive direction. It won't be long until that little speck is a peanut! Best wishes, Kathy

Susan said...

Yipee!! Thank God for such great news! Hang in there...this will be a long journey...you can do it. :)

Hugs, Susan

Ali Garrett said...

Whew! I am on pins and needles when I check the blog everyday! I'm glad everything is going well! I'll keep praying!

Amy said...

I'm so glad your little baby is doing well. I was hoping there would be more than one in there though.. lol Hope all is well with you.. I will keep you in my prayers..

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Tracey Congratulations! I am so happy that everything is going well for you in this pregnancy. Its amazing how you can feel connected with someone on the internet just by the trials you endure trying to conceive. Third time is a charm for you and I pray that you will continue to be blessed with "speck".