Friday, November 18, 2011

Who Are You Calling Turkey?!

Evidently, my child was chosen as the "head" model for the Turkey hats they were going to be making at daycare this week.

The teacher, Ms. Nancy, said that all she was trying to do was get a size estimate as far as how big/or small to make the paper headbands on the hats, but once she put it on Colton's head, he didn't want her to take it off.

As his mom, I found that description very interesting because at home whether it is a hat, pajamas, diaper, shoes, etc. he will fight you tooth and nail just to:

1. Get him to be still enough to put the item on, and

2. Once you do get the item on, he's usually trying to remove it.

Maybe I need to have Ms. Nancy move into our guest room???

Colton is obviously much more cooperative for her...LOL!

Okay, back to the hat.

It's still missing the multi-colored paper feathers and cute little orange accordion legs that will dangle from the sides, but nevertheless you get the "PICTURE"...LOL!

I've got to give a big shout-out thanks to Ms. Nancy and her camera phone for capturing candid shots of my babe.

After all, she knows this momma loves her some pictures!

Gobble, Gobble!

See below for wording on poster

All turkey birds are different
From sea to shining sea
And you'll never see another bird
Like this one to you from me.
Can you see what makes him different?
Do you need some helpful hints?
I made him from my very own
Thumb and fingerprints!
~Marsha A. Burks



GOD BLESS AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

too funny! I see this in the senior annual in a few years!

Sherrill said...

I'm adopting Colton as my grandson!

Lorrie S said...

LOL! Colton is the CUTEST Turkey ever!! Love him!