Thursday, November 5, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


I am tired, no, really TIRED!!

Okay, maybe exhausted is a better word.


Whatever you call it I can hardlry keoep myt eyedfs opejn!

See what I mean!

I’m beginning to wonder what the point is of going to sleep at 8:30 p.m. every night and waking up in the morning (thinking I had enough sleep) only to want to close my door and crawl up on the floor under my desk by time I get to work.


Of course, that's probably not the best thing to do, especially around promotion time...LOL!

Anyway, I just can’t help it though!

I’m thinking that next week I’m going to secretly sneak in my son’s napper (from when he was in daycare) with the excuse that I’m taking it to get reconfigured into a lap throw on my lunch hour and then secretly stash it away in my office drawer for use during oh, let’s just say, break time, lunch time, etc. - - you get the picture, right?!

While I'm on the subject of sleepiness, just thought I’d bring up another bed-related topic…the baby dance (you know…sex).


Because of my two previous early miscarriages and more recently my spotting/bleeding episode, sex is the farthest thing from my mind.

However, let me just add that I love my husband and do not wish to deprive him in any way (especially since he did have a thing to do with contributing to this tiredness, right?!), but I am just here to tell you that never more has the quote in the book, The Girlfriends’ Guide To Pregnancy, by Vicki Iovine been more appropriate.

Here, I’ll share the gem:

“ATTENTION HUSBANDS OF NEWLY PREGNANT WOMEN: Do not take it personally when your wife would rather sleep than sleep with you! She really cannot help it and it is absolutely no reflection on your manhood or how much she loves you. Try again tomorrow morning after she has had some rest (unless, of course, she has morning sickness, too, in which case, try the Playboy channel).”

Okay, so thankfully (at least right now) I don’t have any morning sickness (and I didn't when I was pregnant with my son either), but the other scenario she mentions absolutely applies in my case.


Sorry, but true, my dear husband…however, I promise I’ll call the cable company and get that Playboy channel hooked right up! Better yet, I'll have them install ALL 900 college football channels as well.

There, that oughta' cover it.

Now, if I could just find the most comfortable spot in my office for that napper...

3 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, Yes you can use the post. I liked it too.. The Power Of Prayer Is Awesome.

I am so happy for you that you are expecting. I know I have told you like a million times:)

Get all the rest you can, and your body it telling you that you need. Those hormones are working overtime. Have a great day my Friend, Audrey

Sarah McM said...

My first trimester I was doing an internship for law school and once fell dead asleep while I was being trained by one of the high-up attorneys. This was face to face at his desk!! So embarrassing! After that I brought a blanket and would sleep through lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks every day and still never feel rested enough.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, Just stopping by to check on you and say Hi. You will have to start texting me:) Miss you. Audrey