Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
~Psalm 107:1 (NIV)

No, I did not bring my laptop to the land of the famous Mouse (chalk it up to setting up a publish date on Blogger prior to leaving), but I could not let today go by without wishing everyone a Happy Thankgiving, and personally giving thanks for my greatest and most precious blessing.

Seven years ago today, I gave birth to our son, R.J.

Here is a look at our very first "together as a family" photo. He was only hours old.



Although I was a severely water retentioned, 60 lbs. heavier Tracey at the time, I could not have been any happier. We had a son. A healthy, beautiful, 6lb. 11 oz. baby boy.

Talk about a being thankful!

Fast forward seven years later and that same sweet and precious baby has really grown.

Oh, yes, he still is my sweet and precious boy, but definitely no longer a baby by any means.



HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY!


You are going to be a wonderful Big Brother my darling son!


Before I end this post, I want to thank the Lord for the many blessings he has bestowed upon my life...my son, my husband, my family, my friends, and this amazing life growing inside of me.

May God bless each and everyone of you as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Lorrie S said...

Tracey, I'm sitting here crying, tears just running down my face at the picture of RJ moments after he was born. Thank you so much for sharing that with us on this beautiful Holiday of Thanks.

God Bless you my dear friend. I love you and I am Thankful to have you in my life, whether we are far from eachother in distance you are never far from my heart.

Happy Thanksgiving & send a sweet HUG and Birthday wish to RJ from Aunt Lorrie in MD!!!

God Bless.

XOX

Lorrie

Kami said...

What a sweet post Tracey. RJ is adorable. I love the very first family picture. That is an amazing picture honey. I hope you are having a wonderful vacation. We miss you and love you so very much!

Kami

COUNTRY MOM said...

Happy Birthday !!! Great pic. Hope he had a perfect day.