Monday, November 9, 2009

A Scary Saturday

I woke up at 4 a.m. on Saturday to go to the bathroom and there it was...BLOOD! I wiped and I was still spotting.

I totally freaked and woke Michael up in a panic.

Needless to say, I was completely petrified because my first miscarriage started this way...first the spotting, then the bleeding, then the cramping and then...well, you already know what eventually happened.

Dear Lord, I prayed, please do not let this be the beginning of the end.

Michael told me to calm down and reminded me what the doctor had told me at our last visit...light bleeding/spotting was okay and no serious cause for alarm as long as it did not get any heavier and it was not accompanied by cramps (neither of which I was experiencing).

I layed back down and prayed that this was just a fluke.

Something was telling me that I was having a reaction/irritation due to the progesterone (Endometrin) I was inserting vaginally...again.

I texted my nurse later that morning and she said to continue to insert the med, so I did, and for the rest of the day, the light bleeding/spotting continued.

At about 9:00 p.m. I told Michael that I was not going to give myself that last dose of progesterone just to see if the spotting would stop.

Guess what?

I woke up the next morning to no bleeding/spotting at all!


What a relief!

I had some oral progesterone (Prometrium) in my possession and so I decided to take that Sunday and give my body a break from inserting anything vaginally for at least a day.

Yesterday came and went with no issues...Praise the Lord!

I can take the oral progesterone and use it vaginally so that is what I have done beginning this morning and again, so far, so good. I have had no adverse reaction whatsoever.

I totally believe that for some reason, my body is reacting badly to the other progesterone prescription.

Whatever it is, at least I have had two days now of no bleeding/spotting.

Mentally and emotionally, that has put me in a much, much better place.

4 comments:

Sarah McM said...

I don't like posts that start with the word "scary!" Glad the spotting has let up.

Ali Garrett said...

I agree with Sarah McMullin - you scared me to death with that title!! I'm glad everything is better, still praying for you daily!

Carol Bullard said...

Hang in there!! I took oral progesterone my entire pregnancy with Mary Alice!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, Checking on you. Hope you are doing great. I always take the oral Prometrium too. I take it for 12 weeks. Any bleeding can be scary. Hope to talk soon. Miss you. Audrey