Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tell Me Tuesdays, Chapter 2


It's Tell Me Tuesdays time again. And, of course, you know you are going to be told something about me today (actually, I guess I do that everyday don't I?), but I really hope those of you out there in computer land will tell me something about yourself too.

There have been many visitors to my blog (and I am grateful for each and everyone of you)...surely some of you will be willing to tell me something, anything, c'mon you can do it. I'd really like to get to know you all.


Okay, tag, I'm it right? So here goes...

I AB-SO-LUTELY adore shoes!!! Now, you are probably saying to yourself, "Big whoopdee doo Tracey, what woman doesn't?" But, no, really you don't understand...when I say absolutely adore, what I really mean is...well, I am sort of obsessed with the colorful soled creatures.

See what I mean?!! No, you were not just looking at the before photos of Mariah Carey's closet...it's er, um mine. Well actually, it's just my main closet in our master bedroom. I actually do have just a teeny tiny bit about twenty more boxes in another closet.

Truth be told, there are about 20 to 25 pairs that I do not wear at all or even wear alot and they are just taking up space in my closet (as if there weren't already enough shoes taking up space in my closet...LOL!) But, really how many shoes is too many? I mean, it's in the eye of the beholder, right? For me, that beholder is my dear sweet hubby...the owner of a total amount of three pair of shoes (four if you include sneakers). So of course he would think I owned too many shoes. But seriously, I just don't think he gets it.

You see, no matter how much weight I gain or lose, my shoes still fit, and moreover, they look good. Yep, just forget all about those 10 15 extra pounds I've put on since starting fertility meds...my Kenneth Cole (bought on sale at TJ Maxx) pumps are just as comfy as ever!

My hubby has asked me, "Babe, how many pairs of black shoes do you really need?" My answer, "Well, that all depends sweetie. Are we talking dressy, casual, flats, sandals?"

I have promised him that before the summer ends, I will weed out and discard, give-a-way, bring to consignment, etc. at least 1/3 of my shoe stash. Don't ask me how many pairs that is because I was never too good at fractions, and honestly, I am sort of afraid to know my actual total shoe count in the first place...LOL!

But, no, seriously, I absolutely and definitely WILL pare down my pairs...I promise.

Wait, what is that you said oh, co-worker friend of mine? There's a 30% off coupon for Shoe Station in today's paper? Hmmm, does a promise count if your toes were crossed in your shoes when you made it? :0)

3 comments:

Ali Garrett said...

I absolutely love it when my blogging friends put regular words in their blogs but make them links to what they are talking about, like you did with "Mariah Carey's closet". I bet you didn't know that about me!

You probably already know this, but my biggest pet peeve is improper grammar and spelling. For example, when a business is named, Kountry Kitchen, or Fun Fotos...it drives me crazy!!

Tracey said...

Know what?? I like it when bloggers do that linking thing too ;0)

That's too funny Ali...I had no idea you hated grammar things like that. See you later...I need to go and pick up some chocolate at Kandy Korner...LOL!

Amy said...

Ok so right after I graduated from High School... way back in 1991 I tried out to be a Rams Cheerleader. I actually made it pretty far with try-outs and I was pretty impressed with myself. I was a pretty good Rah Rah. My senior year we took second place in nationals.