Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Anti-green?

So I’m not anti-green in the sense that I intentionally only buy things made out of non-biodegradable plastic and go around wearing a baseball cap like this, but I guess you could say I am totally guilty of being anti-green when it comes to my over abundant use of paper.

Case in point…

This morning when I was dutifully writing down my basal body temperature (BBT), I accidentally knocked the folder to the ground that had all of my BBT charts in it. Oh, my gosh! When I glanced at the pile on my kitchen floor (and no, they did not neatly arrange themselves as you see in the picture below), I realized that if I lined the charts up end to end, I could practically lead a path from the kitchen to the living room! I mean, just look at all this paper.


What you can’t see is that each chart also has two more sheets of paper attached to it with the countless number of ovulation and pregnancy test strips (also made out of paper by the way) for each month I have been trying to conceive.

How many trees have I killed in my efforts to try and get pregnant?

Okay, I know that you know I have said much of the above in jest, but what isn’t funny is the painful truth that when I look at all of these charts on the floor, it just reinforces the fact that month-after-month-after-month I am still not pregnant and I have no child to show for this huge paper pile of charting faithfulness.

Sometimes this trying to conceive thing can get really overwhelming and this morning’s mishap sort of reinforced that fact when I saw these past 16 months laying there before me.

Don’t worry, I’ll be fine though. Heck, I’ve gotten so used to this routine by now. And, yep, tomorrow morning I’ll be right there with pen in hand to record my temp on this month’s chart.

Can I ask you all a favor though? Just please warn me if you happen to see the green peace police knocking at my door with an arrest warrant for me having committed branch-i-cide…you know, the murder of a tree…LOL!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Whatever you have to do to get your miracle love!!! I support you!! GO PAPER!!! LOL

Love you,
Kami