Monday, July 13, 2009

Sad news tonight...prayers needed

As you all know, TTC has brought me to discover many things, one of of which is a website and a thread of ladies with whom I have become very close to this past year. Honestly, I feel as though they are my sisters and even though we all have never met, I feel like I know them as if they were my family. We have shared many a sorrow and many a joy with each other. Of course, the main reason for our joys have been the announcement of pregnancies and then having the privilege of following miraculous journeys through every trimester with each friend who becomes a mommy-to-be within our circle.


Today was to be a celebration of joy for one of my "sisters". She was going to the hospital this morning to give birth to her twin boys and we were all anxiously anticipating the news of their official arrival. Hours went by and no word. We all began to worry, but hoped that perhaps in the excitement of the day, there was no time to post to our thread and/or a cell phone had accidentally been left at home. Just a few minutes ago, our worries were confirmed when we found out that one of the twins had been born still into the arms of our Heavenly Father. There are no words to describe how devastated I was (we all were) to learn of this news.


I believe that we all are children of God, and I know that the Lord does not ever want one of his children to suffer no matter how unbearable the loss. I also believe in the healing power and comfort of prayer. I am asking that if you came to this blog tonight/today, please pray for my friend and her family as they prepare for two homecomings...one for their child here on earth, and one for their child whose home will be in Heaven. And with that, I leave this prayer...



Dear Lord, we pray for your comfort and engulfing love for my dear friend, her husband and her family grieving the loss of their sweet baby son. Grant them grace and courage to face the future. May they understand in faith that your love, as a Father, will not cause them a needless tear and they will once again be with their precious child who left this earth much too soon. We also sing praises in your name for the birth of a brother...healthy and strong, but no longer with his twin by his side. Bless this child dear Lord and help him to grow and live in your presence knowing that he will never be alone as long as his eyes look to You and Heaven. We ask these things in the blessed name of your son, Jesus. Amen

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Many, many prayers for her last night and today. I just can't believe this has happened to one of our girls. I've been a never-ending fountain of tears. Once again, beautiful prayer Tracey, you always have the right words. I think we all need lots of (((Hugs))) right now.

Kami said...

I just can't believe this happened. I am so distraut over this.... Obviously God had different plans and needed him far more.... I am just so sad by all of this. I thought for sure everything would be wonderful! UGH!

Kami

Aunt Becky said...

My heart is breaking. Please pass on my love and prayers.