Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tell Me Tuesdays, Chapter 1


I think that one of the great things about blogging is getting to know someone through their personal stories. I have laughed, cried, prayed and praised joy for many people/families I have come to "know" through a blog.

Obviously, you are getting to know about me through this blog, but I'd really like to get to know some of you as well.

So I'm taking a page out of many a blogging book and creating a special day. It's going to be called, Tell Me Tuesdays.

Every Tuesday, I would love to hear from you. Tell me about yourself/your family, tell me if you have a blog too, tell me if you've had struggles while trying to conceive, tell me...Well, tell me anything you want. I promise it won't just be one way. I vow to tell you a different something about me every Tuesday as well. So if you feel like joining in just click on comments at the end of this thread and tell, tell, tell. Oh, just so you know, yes, I will read every comment (after all, how am I supposed to get to know you all if I don't read 'em). I'm really looking forward to getting to "know" each of you just as much as I hope you are enjoying getting to "know" me.

I'll kick this off by telling you that I love reality shows. One of my favorites right now is The Bachelorette on ABC, although for the sweet love of pound cake, why Jillian kept that no good Wes around for as long as she did is beyond me! When a Monday night rolls around, my hubby often walks into our living room only to hear me yelling, No, No, No! do NOT give that guy a rose or c'mon I cannot believe you just got rid of so and so (like Jillian can really hear me) - - LOL! Some of my other favorites are any of the Real Housewives series (Bravo), Project Runway (Bravo), Tori & Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood (Oxygen), Top Chef (Bravo), Ruby (Style Network), and of course all of the A Baby Story segments on TLC/Discovery (those do count as reality TV, right?!).

Although this morning's post is light-hearted, I would be remiss in not asking you all to read my post from last night and ask you to pray for my sweet friend who unexpectedly lost one of her twin babies yesterday. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Ali Garrett said...

I would have posted something on Tuesday but if you saw FB, you saw that I sat in court all day for no reason yesterday. As you know, this is Ali, your small-town lawyer friend that you knew before I even went to law school!

As for telling about me, and the theme of your blog, I'll tell you about us trying to conceive. John was on Methotrexate, which, although no one told us, apparently causes birth defects and low sperm count. He is off of it now and on Humira instead...which is extremely expensive and is self-injected, much to his dismay. However, he feels much better. I have to have surgery before we try to get pregnant, called a surgical cerclage. Apparently, I have a "weak cervix". 99% of people with a weak cervix have the surgery at about 12 weeks of pregnancy, but mine is so weak that I need the surgery before we get pregnant. I'll give you more details when we meet next week for dinner, but I just thought I'd fill it in on the blog for your other readers as well. Anyone out there had this surgery? Or experience with a weak cervix?

Have a great day and I'll see you soon!