Saturday, October 17, 2009

Confirmation


We did it! It's official...I am pregnant!

I went for my bloodwork yesterday and it confirmed what the pee sticks and digital test above already was telling me.

For those of you not familiar with the lingo I will be discussing below, HCG (the pregnancy hormone) is measured in numbers that are quantified through a blood test called a Beta. Anything over "5" signifies a pregnancy. Progesterone is a hormone that is supposed to be in a higher range if you are pregnant and that is also measured through a blood test.

Well, I got my b/w results...

Beta #1: 39 - 12/DPO (Days Past Ovulation)
Progesterone: 41.5

I am a little worried...while my progesterone number is excellent, I really thought my HCG number would be higher.

My nurse said she wasn't that surprised at the HCG number since my BFP (Big Fat Positive) showed up in the evening and I did my Beta not even 12 hours from the time I got my BFP. The logic there being that the pregnancy hormone (HCG) had not yet had a lot of time to build up from when I tested positive until the time I did my bloodwork.

I don't know, maybe that logic doesn't mean any difference at all and that's precisely why I am a bit freaked out.

For my last two pregnancies (the ones that ended in miscarriages after my first ultrasounds) my numbers were:

Beta: 102 - 13/DPO
Progesterone: 50.4

Beta: 114 - 14/DPO
Progesterone: 34.9

See why I am a bit skiddish? Although come to think of it those betas were taken on later DPO days so that could be why they were higher??? UGH!

They say it's all about the doubling (your HCG should double in number every 48 hours) and I will go Tuesday morning for my 2nd Beta and that will tell a whole lot.

Please don't get me wrong...I don't mean to be ungrateful because I am so thankful to God that my bloodwork confirms a pregnancy, but given my previous pregnancy/miscarriage history, I am still sooooo scared.

All I can do is offer it up to the Lord and pray, pray, pray that I am on my way to a keeper baby!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Tracey, congratulations on your good news! I just commented under my other blog, but I am not sure it went through. I've been following your blog and your journey to get pregnant for a little while. You are one determined lady! You've been through a lot. Let's hope and pray that this is a "keeper", but try not to worry, God is in control. Blessings, Kathy

Kami said...

WHO IS YOUR DADDY!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Kami

Lorrie S said...

YES YOU ARE PREGGERS SISTA!!!! I LOVE YOU and my future NEICE or NEPHEW!!! :D

Lorrie
xox