Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting To The Point

The injectable fertility med I am taking most definitely looks like your average, everyday ball point pen.

You know, the kind you pick up at a conference as a vendor freebie and then throw it carelessly in the kitchen or office junk drawer along with the other hundreds of pens, highlighters, stress balls, key chains, etc. that you’ve collected over the years.

But wait…this is no ordinary average pen my friends.

This one is special.

Even the ad says so.

See...



Whatyousay?

There are even more reasons why the Follistim Pen stands out?

Why yes.

Hmmmm, perhaps it’s that this almost too familiar-looking writing apparatus (in disguise) costs over $400 dollars!

Well, that did include the one teeny, tiny vial of medicine, but c'mon now.

Er, um excuse me.

It doesn't come in an array of colors like Sharpie markers?

WTH?

For that much moo-la surely one should be able to select a personal favorite color and whether or not you want it to be a fine tip or medium tip, know what I mean?

Oh, and just what in the world is the little pocket clip for?

Seriously.

Dear,

Sweet,

Drug

Manufacturer...

Do you really think that I am just going pop this “pen” into my pocket and wear it around the workplace just in case someone asks me if they can borrow it?

To which I can then say, “Oh, this little thing? No, it’s not a pen. It’s just my fertility medicine that I am not so inconspicuously hiding because I want to outwardly announce to the entire freakin’ world that I am having trouble getting pregnant on my own!”

How ‘bout you try my Uni-ball Gel Impact Retractable instead?



And, hey, by the way, I’ve got one in black, red, and blue.

An enhanced dosage window?

Nope, my Uni-ball doesn’t have one, but with a little bit of practice you can click out the tune to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

You wanna’ talk about standing out?

Now just try that with a Follistim pen!

Ha!

But then again, my Uni-ball can't produce egg follicles, right?!

Touche'

4 comments:

Melody said...

That is too freaking funny! At the same time, I understand how painful infertility can be and I always remind myself "Melody, you have a beautiful daughter, you are not infertile anymore." But, the fear is always there that with the next one there might not be a next one... Anyway, sorry to ramble. I came across you from a friends blog. I'll definitely be praying for you during this cycle. And, I don't know why, but I feel perplexed to say this... My sister wrote a blog on her myspace about how when you are going through a rough time, or upset, or just feel like life sucks, sometimes you just want someone to say, "You know what, sometimes life sucks, and I'm sorry you are going through this" instead of "Oh, don't worry, you'll have your baby someday." So, I'll be that person. If you ever just want to say LIFE SUCKS and you need someone to agree with you, I'll be there! Take care! Sorry to take up so much space on your comment bar.

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, this post was so funny! What is up with those crazy drug manufacturers??? Thanks for sharing- I had no idea that was the packaging! Praying that this cycle will do the trick!

Lorrie S said...

You crack me up!!

Good Luck tomorrow my dear friend! I'm praying for you!

Lorrie
xox

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, I am Praying for you. Thank You for your updates. Many Blessings,