Thursday, September 3, 2009

Be careful...

what you wish for.

This is my first month back on fertility meds (after taking a break since June) and I was curious to see how my body would respond (and hoping it was good).

Be careful what you wish for.

I had three follicles. Two on my left side (18mm and 16mm) and one on my right side that looked like this…



Okay, minus the lettuce, tomatoes and onions, but seriously it was HUUUUUUGE!

To be exact, it was 29mm. (See, I told you it was big).

The ultrasound tech told me that this follie was really ripe given its size, but my blood work would tell us if that was in fact the case.

So after the ultrasound, I had blood work done (called an E2 test). It measures the Estraidol levels in your body. It should be at least in the 200+ range per mature follicle.

Be careful what you wish for.

My E2 level was 783!

My numbers (follicle size and E2 level) have not ever been that big/high on CD 11.

Given the fact that typically my IUI’s have been done on CD 13, CD 14 or CD 15, this put us in a bit of a quandry.

You see, my IUI’s are performed by my OB/GYN. This month, for me, CD 13, CD 14 and CD 15 fall on a Saturday, a Sunday and a National Holiday. Yep, you guessed it…doctor’s office is closed.

If we wait until CD 16, it will be entirely too late to do the IUI since I would have most definitely ovulated by then.

But is CD 12 (tomorrow - Friday) too early to do the procedure?

Apparently not.

My doc thinks that with my numbers from today, we are well within fertile range and I was told to go ahead and give myself a trigger shot (injection that forces a mature follicle(s) to release, i.e. ovulate).

Which I did…in my van…in the parking lot…of Jim ‘n’ Nicks BBQ.

Hey, what can I say? Have needle will travel…LOL!

Isn't it amazing what one will do/perform in order to get pregnant?!

Anyway, my nurse called and told me that my dear sweet hubby has to be at the lab at 7:30 am tomorrow morning to give his deposit.

I will meet him there and wait for the deposit to be “washed” so that we can then take it to the doctor’s office for the IUI to be done.

By the way, whenever I hear the term “wash”, I always get this picture in my mind of the little spermies in a bathtub with shower caps on and back brushes in their hands, er, um, tails I mean…LOL!

Needless to say, this month is a bit off the beaten path as far as any of my previous protocols, but this diversion from the norm could be our lucky combination.

And I don’t have to be careful when I say… you KNOW what I am wishing for! ;0)

3 comments:

Kami said...

Ok, why is it, I want a fat juicy burger now???? YUM!!! LOL

Yay Tracey!!! Saying tons of prayers for you love.

Kami

Lorrie S said...

YAY!!! This is it girl!! This WILL be your lucky combination! I feel it in my bones!!! And I not going watch what I'm wishing for for you sweet-pee! ;-) Prayers included :D xox

Lorrie

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Yea! This sounds like a good recipe for making a baby to me! I am learning so much from your blog and I will be praying for success for you this time. "Happy LABOR Day!" Kathy in GA