Friday, September 25, 2009

I Had A Date

yesterday…with the wahoo wand a.k.a. Transvaginal Transducer Probe.

Try saying that 10 times real fast.

Aside from the tongue twister of a name, what’s even more perplexing is that the Transvaginal Transducer Probe and the hand held mixer I have at home in my kitchen look eerily similar…just look for yourself.


Transvaginal Transducer Probe



Hand Mixer


Go figure?!

AN-Y-WAY, like I was saying, yesterday I had a date, well rather an appointment, to do this month’s Cycle Day 3 ultrasound.

It’s the one where they make sure your ovaries are clear with no remaining follicles, cysts, etc.

I must say that this appointment went a lot smoother than this
one did last month.

However, I once again got the all clear and I also got a new protocol for this month.

It's called...OPERATION SUPER OVUALTION…tah, dah!

It can also be dubbed…TRACEY’S LAST DITCHED EFFORT TO GET PREGNANT VIA INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION (IUI) BEFORE HAVING TO MOVE ONTO WALLET SPLITTING INVITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF)!

Here's my protocol:

Cycle Days 3 through 7 - 50mg - Clomid (tablets)
Cycle Days 8 through 11 - 75iu - Follistim (injectables)

Follistim is a follicle stimulating hormone and since it is an injectable med, it’s being used to “amp” up my egg follicle production and maturation. TRANSLATE: Give me more mature follies.

Cycle Day 11 - Estraidol (E2) level blood work done and ultrasound to check follicle size

Somewhere between Cycles Day 12 through 14, Ovidrel trigger shot and then IUI thereafter.

So there you have it folks. We are hoping that this protocol holds the winning numbers to our baby lottery ticket.

Ultimately, I know it’s all in the Lord’s hands and it is in HIS hands that I will trust and have faith.

God Bless and have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Kami said...

I will be saying many prayer during this cycle honey. I think of you constantly and hope this is the one!!!! Whooo hooo!!!

Love you,
Kami

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, I think of you often and Pray you conceive soon. Thank You for sharing your updates. Also explaining everything in detail. Praying today was a great day for you. *When I read what the protocol is, I always check your ticker and see what day it is for you* Update soon... Have a great weekend. Blessings,