Monday, December 14, 2009

Two In A Row

I had my doctor's appointment today and we are now two for two!

Yep, we have now heard the heartbeat via doppler two times in a row and my doctor said that at this point my miscarriage rate drops to less than 1%...Praise God!

Today's heart rate was a beautiful 163 BPM (beats per minute)!

Of course all worry is not gone, but I can honestly tell you that I do feel like some weight has been lifted off my shoulders.


I will be 12 weeks tomorrow...a huge milestone!

My NT scan is to be scheduled within the next week or so. This is a prenatal test that is done to help assess the baby's risk of having Down syndrome and some other chromosomal abnormalities as well as major congenital heart problems. They also do a blood test combined with it.

The NT scan won't give me any diagnosis, but rather percentages of risk. Depending on those percentages, it will help us to know if we need to do any further and more definitive testing like an amnio.

Believe it or not, I am actually sort of looking forward to the NT scan because it will at least give us a chance to see Little Speck again. And since we haven't had an ultrasound since seven weeks or so, I'm excited to have the opportunity.

The Bible verse that keeps sticking in my mind right now is...

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him.

~1 Samuel 1:27 (KJV)

Dear Lord, thank you for cradling this babe in your arms and for carrying us this far.

2 comments:

Sarah McM said...

12 weeks? HALLELUJAH!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, I am so glad your pg is going so well. I have the scan too, but decline the blood work. With my age it has a high rate of false pos. Love seeing all your ultrasound pics. I continue to pray for you and your blessing. Thank You for allowing me to be a part of your journey. Audrey