Tuesday, December 22, 2009

NT Scan Down, Bloodwork To Go

Sorry, I am just getting to you all now, but yesterday was a long day. We had to go to Birmingham, AL (about 1 1/2 hours from our home) for the NT Scan and then we ate lunch (P.F. Changs…yum!), shopped a bit at a wonderful shopping center called The Summit, came back home, and I took a 3 hour nap...whew!

Anyway, our scan measurement was a 2.0 mm and Little Speck was measuring 1 day ahead. The sonographer told us that for where I am in this pregnancy, that measurement was on target and "good".

There on the screen, plain as day, was a nasal bone, spine, brain lobes, two arms, two feet and a great heartbeat.



Face Shot (two black spots are the eyes and a sweet Buddha Belly)

Profile Shot


They said I should have the first part of the test results (NT scan, plus initial bloodwork) as early as this Wednesday (tomorrow), but perhaps next week due to the Holiday.

At 15 weeks they'll do a quad blood screen and then combine those results with these first part results to give us a final risk ratio for Downs Syndrome or Trisomy 18.

Do I understand all of this risk/ratio stuff? No, but what I do understand and KNOW is that the Lord is taking care of me and this babe and that is more important to me than any numbers/risk ratio they can give me.

As far as gender goes…Little Speck's legs were crossed the whole time but the sonographer's educated guess was 60% boy. Well, trust me, I am not going to go run out and start buying little boy clothes yet based on a crossed legged, 60% guess...LOL!

Guess we'll just have to wait until the official gender scan. I’m still feeling like it’s a girl, but I will take blue again FOR SURE!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

how can they even tell if the legs werent even open. thats odd...

Tracey said...

I agree Nicole. But since I had no idea what the sonographer was looking at when he made his guess, I just let him run with it (and, it made my hubby happy to hear it...LOL!). However, I am not taking it to the bank anytime soon ;0)

COUNTRY MOM said...

Tracey, That's a great measurement on your NT scan. I love both pics. The second one is precious with your little speck rubbing his/her face. Those sweet little arms up hiding the face:) I love it... Have a great day. Glad you are doing so well.

Sarah McM said...

How amazing to see Little Speck! He or she is beautiful.