Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just For The Fun Of It

Back before I lost my two babies last year, I had ordered this product called Intelligender when I found out I was pregnant the first time in July.

Anyway, who knows if it is accurate?

Of course the website has some pretty convincing testimonials and such, but really, I think it's a slicked up version of the old pee in a cup of Drano in order to check gender test.

So what the heck, right?! After all, it has been sitting in my cabinet for a year now, has not yet expired, and so I did it for fun if nothing else.


The instructions say you can do it as early as 10 weeks and so this morning I went for it.

Well, this is what it gave me...



Personally, I think I am having a girl, but we'll see in about another 10 weeks or so whether my intuition is right or if the Intelligender is.

Now, I might add that when my husband saw this "result" this morning he was walking around with his chest all puffed out (just like he did when we found out we were having RJ).

Men are so silly...they say it doesn't matter what the baby will be as long as it is healthy, but dangle that boy bone out there and they start to salivate like a hungry dog...LOL!

Seriously though, I know he will be perfectly thrilled if we wind up having a girl, but just to see his reaction this morning made me giggle.

As for me (and I sincerely mean this from my heart)...Lord, just please present us with a healthy baby and that's all that matters, not whether I will be decorating in pink or blue.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hello...I wish this test was around years ago when I had my boys, but it was not.

I have a friend due any day and she took one. It told her girl...she does not know the gender. I'll post back once she has the baby and let you know what it is! My intuition tells me she's having a girl. I have a 50/50 chance of being right...LOL!!


Congrats on this pregnancy...infertility is such hard ride, but so worth it in the end. I have two boys now and I would not change a thing. My fingers are crossed for you!
Susan

Sarah McM said...

I've never heard the cup of Drano thing. Funny! Before your gender scan you should go through all the old wives tests to see what they say you are having! My husbands theory is that your own family will be the inverse of your husband's family. So if your husband grew up with girls, you're more likely to have boys.
with my sister, we flipped coins, one with his birth year, one with hers, and one with their wedding year. If more heads, they were having a boy. It's all crazy but so fun!