Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mark Your Calendars!



Went to the doctor today and all is well.

They took a few vials of blood and one will be shipped back up to Birmingham, AL for the second part of my integrated screening for chromosomal and neural tube abnormalities.

The baby's heart rate was 155 BPM and evidently he/she is laying really low.

While the doctor was using the doppler on my tummy to check for the heartbeat, we "heard" the baby kick.

The doctor asked me if I felt that and I told him that I wish I had, but unfortunately I've got some extra padding (a.k.a. belly fat) this time around...LOL! He told me that it shouldn't be long before I start feeling Little Speck moving around in there.

Another exciting thing to look forward to is our next appointment which will also be our gender scan!!!

So my blog friends, mark January 25th on your calendars in pencil for now and then you can go back and mark them in pink or blue once we know!

I am so excited!

2 comments:

Lorrie S said...

Oh my sweet friend, I am so happy for you and little speck!! This is awesome news and I can't wait to know if speck is a little girl or boy!! :D (I'm gonna say GIRL ;-D ) My Calendar is marked!

It's a true blessing xoxo

Lorrie

Ali Garrett said...

I'm glad everything went well! I'm excited to find out what you're having, too!!