Monday, February 14, 2011

He's My Brother

With genetics being as it is, it’s usually not a hard stretch to look at biological siblings in a family and realize, “Yes, they are definitely brothers/sisters!”

Mothers, even ones with identical offspring, are innately keen enough to be able to detect a difference (however slight) that might exist in each child and thus usually cannot be fooled when put to a, “Which child is that?” test.

Fathers innate ability to identify, well sometimes that’s another story...LOL!

Enter my husband...in a moment.

Let me explain.

The other day when I was bathing Colton in our kitchen sink (where else?!), and I had a case of déjà vu.

As I was looking at Colton, our 8 month old, enjoying his sink time, I could have sworn I was looking at our now 8 year old son, R.J.

That got me to thinking and later that evening, I started to scour the computer for pictures I knew I had of R.J. bathing in the sink when he was a baby.

I found some.

And just for kicks I sent the following to Michael at work the other day via his work e-mail...



In the reply he said, “Those pictures of Colton were really cute, but why did you send me so many?”

To which I replied, “Yes, the pictures of Colton are really cute and so are the ones of R.J. too!”

Michael's next reply, “WOW! I seriously thought those were all of Colton. I cannot believe how much they look alike!

Even my mother-in-law said (when I sent her the pictures), "It’s like you and Michael had twins 7½ years apart!”

Of course, the two boys are different looking, but I must admit if you are glancing fast, they really do look like the same child.

Although Colton is a bit more "baby fluffy" than R.J. was at the time.

But, let’s be honest, there’s no doubt they are biologically related - - that’s for sure!

As for sink baths, R.J. always enjoyed relaxing and being in the water and never, ever wanted to get out.


Come to think of it, he’s still that way about bath time until this day!

Colton on the other hand, definitely seems to be more fascinated with the whole stream of water thing and could care less about the relaxing aspect of being in the water.




Hey, ya' wanna' know Mommy’s favorite part of sink baths?

Drying baby off with his froggy towel...

And getting him all "jammied" up and ready for bed.


Whoa, wait a sec!

Back up Mommy...


But not before he catches a little bit of play time on mommy and daddy's bed that is!

3 comments:

Ali Garrett said...

He is so so cute! I love his 2 little teeth in that one picture!

Lorrie S said...

First of all can I say "OMG!!!" Colton is a spitting image of RJ at that age!!! Lord, I agree, twins 7 1/2 years apart!! It's amazing! :)

I love all the pictures! Especially sink time and then jammies!!! I still love the smell of Raegan after bath time to this day! Of course I ALWAYS put her baby lotion on afterwards. hehe

Colton is a doll my friend! xxx

Kristi said...

He is so cute! I love the froggy towel and jammies. Kate isn't to the liking bath time yet, but she will get there. I love that Colton is a tummy sleeper. I think Kate is heading that way. I have tried the tummy thing, but she sleeps so much better on her tummy!