Thursday, November 3, 2011

From Pumpkins To Potter And Sick In-Between

Can I be honest? (like when am I not...LOL!)


I am just THAAAA-RILLLLED that October is O-V-E-R!


And, no, it's not because it means were inching closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas.


It's because October held yucky, yucky sickness for my sweet boys.


Our youngest, Colton, came down with strep (for the bazillionith time) and had probably one of his worst respiratory 'bouts yet.


I was out with him for a week administering meds and doing nebulizer treatments...fun, fun, fun - - NOT!


Poor baby.


He did start feeling better after staying at home for all those days being cared for, so we piled up the kiddos and headed to the best Pumpkin Patch EV-AH!


It's called Dreamfield Farms and it's located here in Alabama.


We had an perfect autumn family day.


R.J. posing for the camera
We couldn't get Colton to sit still for this one


The "corn" box was a big hit!


Especially for Colton...



 So was the "cow" train!




We've even got video to prove it!




R.J. thought the animals were cool, but he thought the fact that his new "transitioning" eyeglasses was even cooler since they turn into sunglasses when he's outside and there's sun glare.




All of my boys enjoyed the hayride (and Mom did too, but as usual I'm the one taking the pictures).










Picking the pumpkins was best of all!




Here are the finished products!


R.J. did a double-sided pumpkin...

Side 1
Side 2

 And Colton did a wee little skeleton...




The "perfectness" of our fun-filled October day ended with the pumpkins and the Patch because just when we got the baby all well and back to daycare, my oldest, R.J., starts running a super high fever, throwing up, coughing and loses his appetite and energy.


Off to doctor with him - - TWICE.


Hello, Mononucleosis!


Good-bye school for a week.


Welcome to our house - UGH!


Seriously folks, I have never seen my son so pale and lethargic.


This mono stuff truly is no laughing matter.


Being sick is not fun.


Being a kid and being sick is even worse.


Being sick during trick-or-treating time is the worstest!


R.J. had been home for a week resting and taking his medicine, but we really weren't sure if he was going to feel up to going trick-or-treating, and if he didn't feel like it that was completely okay with us.


October 31st came around and he decided he wanted to give it a try.


For the past few years we've been meeting up with my friend and her two children.  They live in a really good neighborhood to go door-to-door.


Harry Potter-ville, here we come!

R.J. as Harry Potter and my friend's daughter as Hermoine

Daddy was Dumbledore
(Michael's mask scared Colton so much that he had to take it off)
Mommy (yep, that's me) was Professor Minerva McGonagall

Colton was Hedwig the owl
(Okay, so I know Hedwig was white, but this is when he was a "baby" owl...LOL!)

My friend's son was the Transformer Optimus Prime
(Sure, sure, Transformers were NOT in Harry Potter, but Hogwart's School
taught wizards, and we all know that wizards can be ANYTHING they want!)
R.J. was quite the trick-or-treating trooper and tried to put on a happy face, but after about ten houses he was so exhausted that he and I turned around and headed back to the house while the others finished their rounds.


In contrast, Colton had enough energy for ALL of us and would have kept on going until midnight if we had let him...LOL!


So there you have it...like I said, from pumpkins to Potter and sick in-between.


So long October.


Delighted to meet you November.


Please be good to this family.


Thankyouverymuch!

2 comments:

Ali G. said...

I need to know where that pumpkin patch is for next year! I'm so glad the boys are feeling better. Everyone looked great in their costumes!

Lorrie S said...

I love all the pictures and yay for finally seeing a video of Colton!! Well on Daddy on the cow-train! :)

Great Halloween costumes!!!! I would so be doing the same thing 'if' I had a kid or kids of my own. Oh and definiately the pumpkin patch! I love all those things!

Love ya.

Lorrie