Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Birthday Fun!

Okay, so like most things recently, I am a little late (okay, okay, just translate that to WAY late) in posting A-GAIN...so sorry folks.


Well, like the title says...Colton had is first birthday party and ironically, June 5th fell on a weekend so we planned it for then.


How perfect?!

Awhile back I had read about another blogger, The Macs, who did a really cute first birthday party for her son centered around him turning one...in a flash (see here).

I really liked that idea when I saw it on her blog and I bookmarked it in the back of my mind so that I could do something like that for Colton's first...and I did.


Here was Colton's invite...


I decided to play up the word "flash" by emphasizing a film/movie theme and tied the party decorations to that idea...



When guests arrived I had them sign in as the "supporting cast"...


I really tried to stick to the movie/film theme in the decor and such...





As party food, in addition to the hot popcorn, we had hot dogs with fixin's and I did a BIG cake for everyone and a smash cake for Colton...



Party favors were glass jars filled with m and m's and popcorn boxes filled with a mini bag of microwave popcorn, plastic funny big nose and mustache eyeglasses, a director's clapboard picture frame key chain, and their very own Hollywood star (wand)...




As part of the decor, I printed pictures of Colton from one day old all the way to 11 months old so guests could see how much he had changed and grown (in a flash) during the past year...


Some of the most fun we had was having guests do funny frames. I hung two picture frames from a door jam and had silly photo props for them to use. Then, we had everyone ham it up for the camera...






And what's a party without games and activities?


We had scooter races...


A popcorn throw...


Picture "production"...


Water balloons...


Capture the flag...


And, of course, a pinata smash...



Then it was cake time...


Colton was not too keen on the idea of his very own smash cake...


He liked the presents though...




But, he liked his balloon the BEST of all!





Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Colton...


Happy Birthday to YOU!


If you want to see a slideshow of more pictures from the party, click here.

2 comments:

Ali G. said...

I LOVE it! He is so stinkin' cute! Happy Birthday Colton!

Kelly said...

So cute! What an awesome birthday party, looks like everyone had a GREAT time!! Good job mama! Hey Tracey, wanted to let you know that our fertility friend group moved to facebook, let me know if you want to be added to the group! You can send me a message via FB, Kelly Farris Wilson....my profile pic is a pic of Carter :) Anyway, message me and I will give you the details on how to find the group over there! ~Kelly~