Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Been A Long Time In Coming, But...

Colton FINALLY (praise the Lord) PICKED up (all on his own) and DRANK from (rather than fling it around in the air) his sippy cup today at daycare!!!

See...


I know, I know, I bet most of you are saying to yourselves, "Big deal, he's 13 months old.  He should be drinking from a sippy cup already!"

Well, let me tell you, it is a big deal...for us.

You see, I have come to find out (and accept) that this little guy does things in his own time and in his own way.

Nope, no following in his big brother's ahead-of-schedule milestones. 

Nuh, uh, not gonna do it...lol!

Of course, this has been a point of conversation (initiated by me of course) with his daycare caregivers/teachers and myself, so when Colton peformed this feat today Ms. Jessica was sweet enough to capture it on her cell phone.

Honestly, I think she was just as excited as I was about it!

Sippy cup today...walking tomorrow.

Well, we're not quite there yet either, but while he's on a roll, who knows?!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

:) He's precious!

Kristi said...

Yay Colton! What a big boy you are. I am so proud of you.

Love,
Auntie Kristi

Lorrie S said...

You're a big boy now Colton!! What a cutie patootie! <3

xoxoxoxoxo
Aunt Lorrie

bamjam40 said...

Colton has been such a joy to have in my class and Tracy is such a sweet parent to work with. I was very excited about this milstone! In Christ,
Ms. Jessica