Monday, March 8, 2010

24 Weeks


Although this is not a picture of my child at 24 weeks, isn't it absolutely amazing to see how deatiled a baby is at this stage of the game? WOW!

From what I’ve read, Week 24 is usually considered the point of viability, meaning that if my son was born this week, he would have a chance for survival.

However, without a doubt, he would be in intensive care for many months.

Just consider the newest
Duggar baby, Josie, who was born early at 25 weeks and weighed a mere 1lb. 6 oz.

This precious micro preemie remains in the NICU in Arkansas and has had a series of triumphs and challenges since her December 2009 birth.

Nevertheless, she is A-L-I-V-E and continuing to do well each and every day.

Ah, viability…that word does bring with it a sense of relief, albeit a slightly scary one.

Okay, speaking of weeks, here is the latest comparison of my ever expanding belly…




I’ve been wearing the same black cami in each photo, but honestly, I don’t know how much longer that thing is going to be able to stretch over this huge stomach of mine…LOL!

I know that many women like to take week-by-week photos, but ever since my 12 week pooch began to show, I decided to take my photos every 6 weeks so that you can really see the progression of growth.

At 24 weeks, this babe has definitely been making his presence known.

I have been experiencing a lot of movement by my sweet Little Speck and he definitely has a good set of legs on him for sure.

Don’t believe me?

Just ask my weak little bladder how she feels every time he decides to do his inutero tap dancing routine…LOL!

Other than that (Oh, and me getting up in the middle of the night at least 5 times to pee) things are just rocking along.

I still have the nursery to finish up, and as soon as we do that I will share those pics with you all as well.

Again, thanks for being so understanding about my lack of blogging lately.

Right now my job is demanding a whole lotta’ time away from my office and the computer.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Ali Garrett said...

That photo of the baby is a little scary, but it is crazy to think how already-formed the baby is at 24 weeks! You look great! I can't wait to see your cute baby-belly in person!

Lorrie S said...

Hi my sweetest friend. I love that word, "Viability". It does make pregnancy at little less worry-some at that point. As I already said to you already, I LOVE your '24 weeks' belly!!! It must be so awesome to come this far. A true blessing my friend.

Love you.

XOX

Lorrie