Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feels Like A Year, Oh, Wait, It has Been!

Well, like the title says...it feels like a year since I've been here and I sincerely apologize. I have really missed being able to post to my blog regularly, but I was kidding myself thinking I could do so once the legislative session got under way.

Honestly, there were weeks that I saw my office only once, maybe twice if I was lucky.

Although I love my job, thankfully, the 2011 Regular Session adjourned for good VERY late last Thursday night and I am hoping (and looking forward to) getting back into the swing of things here on my blog.

Back to that year thing...my sweet Colton turned the big O-N-E on the 5th of June! I absolutely cannot believe it!

Seriously, where in the world has the time gone?

I've always heard other moms say that when you have your second child things become more chaotic and the days seem to fly by even quicker than normal and boy, oh, boy is that ever true!

We had a HUGE birthday blow-out for my little man on his actual birthday and although the preparations wore this mommy out, it was well worth it! It was a great time and Colton was wonderful!

I hired someone to take pictures at the birthday party for me and I should have those back soon. I can't wait to see them and share them with you all.

And yes, yes, yes, I know I owe you all some Easter pics and I also have Colton's 12 month stats to do as well.

And I will deliver...promptly...tomorrow...LOL!

In the meantime, I want you to hop on over to my friend Ali's blog and check out her latest post.

She was due with her first child (a sweet baby boy named Fitz) at the end of this month, but she had him early (June 3rd).

Funny, her due date was a day before Colton's was last year (June 29th) and I had him early too (June 5th), which wound up being two days later than Fitz's birthday this year. Who woulda' thunk it?!

Anyway, Fitz is here (PRAISE GOD!), but he's been dealing with some issues due to a bilateral cleft lip an palate. He's not home yet, but he's been blowing the doctor's outta' the water with how well he's been doing with his feedings and overall health in general.

Just wait until you see him...he's just the most beautiful and precious babe! And my friend Ali, well, she's had the most positive and upbeat outlook about the whole birth, delivery and everything she and her hubby, John, have dealt with since sweet little Fitz got here. I always knew she'd be an awesome Mom (she's an awesome friend and person too) and by golly, she's proving it for sure. Fitz is a luckly little fellow...he's definitely surronded by a whole lotta' love!

If you could, please keep Fitz, Ali, John and the rest of the family in your prayers. I know it would mean alot to me and I definitely know it would mean even more to them.

And while we're on the subject of prayers, my other awesome friend, Lorrie, is in need of them too. You can read her story here.

After years and years of trying, which has included volumes of medications, several IUI's and IVF's, and a devastating miscarriage 2 years ago...she is ready to embark upon what we hope is her journey to motherhood with donor embryos.

She's ever so close to her FET (frozen embryo transfer) scheduled for June 23rd.

I am asking for some extra special prayers for Lorrie and her husband Tom as they prepare for the big day. If ever there was someone in this world who deserves to be a mommy, it is her.

Thanks my bloggy friends! You are the best and I know you will hold these ladies close to your heart in thought and prayer.

In the meantime, please drop in and say hello...I've missed you all!

Much Love!!!

~Tracey

1 comment:

Ali G. said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words! We are so in love with our little Fitz, and can't wait for you to meet him in person! Love you much!!