Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Normal Limits

We took Colton to the pediatric opthalmologist yesterday to get his eyes checked for amblyopia a.k.a. "lazy eye" that his baby doctor and I thought he possibly might have. 

Knowing how squiggly wiggly this 16 month old can be when simply changing his diaper, I was wondering how he was going to do when we had to slightly restrain him at the doctor's office because I knew they were going to have to dilate his eyes for the examination.

I figured I would let Colton get used to the chair so he would feel "semi" comfortable (sure, Mom, sure) when we had to remain seated for the actual exam.

So I propped him up and there he sat proudly, taking it all in...


As I was taking pictures the doctor walked in and it startled him (and Mom) so I artistically clumsily got this shot of Colton in the chair (which I might say is a great example of what he was seeing things like after they put the drops in...LOL!)


Anyway, we got the drops in his eyes without any major fidgeting and the doctor did the full exam.

Diagnosis:  Colton does have some asymmetry when both eyes are compared and he is slightly far sighted, but both are completely within NORMAL LIMITS for a child his age and there is no sign of amblyopia. 

Great news!  

And then, I dropped him off at daycare this morning to find this notice:

"We have confirmed cases of pink eye at the center."

Figures right?!!!  LOL!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Don't you just love those words, "within normal limits?" I know I do! I'm so happy that this is something he will probably grow out of. Way to go Colton. As for the Pink Eye, well, C'est La Vie! LOL

Ali G. said...

I'm so glad everything went well at the doctor! I hope he does NOT catch Pink Eye!