Friday, December 3, 2010

Heart Melter

R.J. (my oldest child) had a school break during the week of Thanksgiving.

Evidently, prior to the break his teacher asked the students to write a letter about what they were thankful for.

As is usual before a break, I'm sure the teacher was busy trying to get things done before sending the children off for a "school-free" week, and she forgot to send some paperwork home.

Just wanted to share what came home in my son's work folder yesterday...



"Dear Mom and Dad, I am thankful for you. You give me a lot of stuff. You spend a lot of time with me. You are very, very, very considerate about me. Even though we have Colton you still do a lot of things with me. You never stop helping me. I am glad I have parents that take me on a lot of trips. I hope you write back. You are the best parents a kid could ever have. Love, R.J."

My dearest first-born...you are the best child a parent could ever have!



Your son will hold your hand for a little while,

but will hold your heart for a lifetime!

4 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Oh goodness, this made me cry! What a sweet kid.

Lorrie S said...

OML!!! The levy just broke! I'm balling!!! LOVE YOU RJ!!! xx

Tracey said...

Makes EVERYTHING (ups, downs, ins, outs, highs, lows, happy's, sad's, exhaustion, frustration, etc.) ALL worth it!!!

Lisa Woodard said...

That is the sweetest note ever! Frame it! And don't forget to write back!